Published in November 2006
Buy this report now
Table of Contents
List of Tables
Request pricelist (PDF)
Full report list
This report was written by Uday Sekhar, assisted by Archana Sekhar. Uday Sekhar and Archana Sekhar are business writers and consultants. Uday Sekhar, who holds a PhD in economics from Princeton University, USA, was formerly head of planning and research at the Exim Bank of India.
He has worked at the World Bank in Washington DC, USA, and has written extensively for the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU). Archana Sekhar, formerly with PriceWaterhouseCoopers, has undertaken work for Synovate and Asia Market Intelligence, and has written for Asian Business.
Uday Sekhar and Archana Sekhar are also the authors of a number of smaller reports published by Textiles Intelligence during 2003-06, including:
- "Profiles of Three Leading Indian Producers of Technical Textiles for the Automotive Sector", Technical Textile Markets, No 65, 2nd quarter 2006;
- "Profiles of Three Leading Indian Exporters of Home Textiles", Textile Outlook International, No 120, November-December 2005;
- "Apparel Retailing in India: Opportunities for Foreign Firms", Textile Outlook International, No 111, May-June 2004;
- five Asian country profiles in "World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends", Textile Outlook International, No 113, September-October 2004; and
- "India's Apparel Exporters: Planning for the End of Quotas in 2005", Textile Outlook International, No 105, May-June 2003.
The report was edited by a team at Textiles Intelligence comprising Penny Anson, Robin Anson, Guillaume Brocklehurst and Belinda Carp.